I would like to apologize for the lengthy post, but it is well worth the read if you have been done in by motor dealerships.
In June 2010 I bought myself a SsangYong Kyron as the SsangYong Rexton (which I actually wanted) was a bit beyond my capacity.
On the very first day in June 2010 that I went to fetch the vehicle from the dealer I found that the vehicle would not accelerate and was only running at a set revolution and speed (Remember the vehicle was sold to me as new with 6700 km on the clock). I immediately contacted the dealer and informed them of the problem. The next day arrangements was made to collect the vehicle for repairs. I got the vehicle back a week later and they assured me that it was fixed.
In the meantime the driver seat lumbar support lever also broke (without good reason as I NEVER used it since I got the vehicle).
The front Park Distance Control (Fitted by a SsangYong approved fitment center) was also faulty when the vehicle was used in rainy conditions, or after the vehicle was washed.
During December 2010 we went on Holiday to Belville in the Cape, and lo and behold, whilst there the vehicle did exactly the same again. I took it to the dealer in Tygervalley and the workshop manager there informed me that it is a part that would need replacement. Unfortunately they did not have the part in stock and by the time that it would arrive after they ordered it I would already be back in Johannesburg after the holiday. At one stage the vehicle also did not want to start and I had to get a emergency service unit out to get the vehicle started. Till today I still do NOT know why this happened or what the cause was.
About the beginning of February 2011 whilst I was utilizing the vehicle again, hundreds of kilometers from the closest so-called SsangYong dealer, the vehicle did exactly the same as the previous two times - no revs and limited speed - which I have now come to learn is a so-called "Safe Mode".
After numerous emails and harsh communication between myself and the Associated Motor Holdings Group who represents brands like Kia, SsangYong, Dihatsu, Hyundai, Renault etc, I eventually got a SsangYong dealer to respond. By this time I am no longer interested in this vehicle and also contacted MFC to ask that the finance be re-called and the vehicle returned to AMH Group.
The dealer then had my vehicle from the 27 February 2011 until end of March 2011 - one full month - to try and resolve all the issues with the vehicle, including now also the rear Park Distance Control that was working erratically.
When I got the vehicle back at the end of March 2011 I found that it had now obtained numerous rattles and when changing from Park to Drive (Automatic) the gearbox had a delay of about 2 to 3 seconds before engaging drive gear.
Upon taking the vehicle to SsangYong for it's 50,000 km service I mentioned these issues to them, and guess what, they told me after the service that there was no rattles to be found and that the gearbox issue was normal....ha, ha!!
I have had it with the shitty service this company Absolute Minimum Help Group is rendering to it's customers, the backbone, because if we didn't buy this crap they would NOT exist.
People, believe me when I say, we as the consumers are fighting a losing battle against the big companies as they are running the show in all aspects.
MFC just ignored my request and here I am still paying for a vehicle which is apt to break down any moment and I will have to deal with it.
I would love MFC to investigate why I have payed nearly R400,000.00 for a vehicle on which I currently owe about R360,000.00, and when I wanted to trade it in on another vehicle, SsangYong would only offer me 160,000.00. Shows that they have NO trust in the vehicle either.
If you have read this blog, you have most probably seen my vehicle on the road with the yellow wording on it.
If you have had similar problems with ANY dealers out there, contact me via this blog or email me at margro at shisas dot co dot za, or alternatively post a comment on this blog and let's take on the "Imperialist's".
No comments:
Post a Comment