SYMC - Ssangyong Motor Company Korea
Here we go again.........
On the 17 Feb 2014 whilst driving with the vehicle I again experienced the "safe mode" issue that was the initial problem when I first bought the vehicle. Whilst driving at a constant speed and then accelerating (perhaps trying to pass another vehicle etc.) the vehicle gives one jerk and then the engine management light comes on. This in turn has the immediate effect of loss of power in the engine.
I then have to pull off to the side of the road, switch off the vehicle, start it up again and then I can drive normally again until the next time it happens. This fiasco happened again every day until the 21 Feb 2014 when I was on my way back to site from a meeting I attended. As soon as it happened I immediately drove the vehicle in that sorry state to Mahindra Alberton so that they can try to determine the cause of the problem.
Upon arrival at Mahindra the workshop Tech immediately attached the computer to the vehicle and after some fiddling on the computer told me that, and I quote - " The computer shows a loose electrical connection on the No. 2 Diesel Injector." - As you will recall from my previous posts, this was exactly the Diesel injector that was replaced during December 2013 whilst we were on holiday.
The Tech then reset the engine management light and said I should bring the vehicle in so that they can "try" to find the fault. He said in the same breath that I should actually take the vehicle to an auto electrician, as if he suddenly lost interest. I got into the vehicle and drove away. I was not even two kilometers from Mahindra when the vehicle actually did the same, but worse this time. It was now actually idling erratically and had virtually no power at all. The engine management light now also stayed on permanently. This all happened on Friday afternoon the 21 Feb 2014.
I have now taken the vehicle back to them, AGAIN, and asked them to please resolve the matter. In the meantime I had to rent a vehicle AGAIN, for the third time in so many months just to be able to at least get to work and back. I just wonder who will be liable for all these unnecessary costs I have to incur because of BAD service rendered by Ssangyong / SYMC / Mahindra. Why couldn't they just get the damn vehicle fixed once and for all. I know the answer to this, but they do not want to hear it because they know they are guilty as hell.
I was sold a major defective vehicle with Ssangyong Bryanston and Ssangyong Motor Company Korea's knowledge and they hope that I will go away like a bad cold. Well, I have news for Ssangyong / Mahindra. I am most DEFINITELY NOT going to go away. If anything I am now MORE DETERMINED THAN EVER to show to the public how irresponsible, unprofessional, incompetent a bunch, these "professionals" at Ssangyong / SYMC / Mahindra really are.
It has now reached a point of no return. I have never in my life been treated with the disrespect and utter loathing as I have been experiencing with these companies and their staff. Face to face they are "friendly as required by the company policies and procedures", but when it comes to the actual after sales service, IT STINKS TO HELL AND BACK!!!!
ALL other vehicle dealers have a policy that, should your vehicle stay in the workshop longer than a day - THEY WILL SUPPLY THE CUSTOMER WITH A LOAN VEHICLE UNTIL THE VEHICLE IS FIXED - especially if the vehicle cannot be fixed due to the incompetence of the dealer or other unforeseen circumstances. NOT Ssangyong / SYMC / Mahindra..........
Getting back to the issue at hand. They had the vehicle since Friday the 21 Feb 2014 at 16H00 until Tuesday the 25 Feb 2014 at 16H00. On Monday afternoon when I phoned them the workshop foreman told me that the vehicle is as good as new. I insisted that they keep the vehicle a day longer until Tuesday afternoon and drive and use it to ensure that it is functioning properly. He agreed and on Tuesday at 16H00 I fetched the vehicle and was assured that it is running without any problems.
I drove home and the following morning (Wednesday 26 Feb 2014) after filling up with fuel I started my journey to work. As soon as I got onto the highway the vehicle started with the exact same problem again. So much so that I could not continue the journey to work and had to turn around and take the vehicle back to Mahindra Alberton. This was at approximately 08H00 on Wednesday.
OBVIOUSLY THE VEHICLE WAS NEVER DRIVEN AND TESTED BY THEM AS I REQUESTED!!!!!!
The vehicle is now AGAIN standing at Mahindra awaiting repairs. I was told this time that the injectors are faulty AGAIN. Mahindra indicated that they are not prepared to work on the injectors and will be sending the vehicle to BOSCH ALRODE in Alberton. At 16H00 on Wednesday the vehicle was still standing at Mahindra Alberton, untouched and no effort made to take it to Bosch Alrode.
This is where we stand at the moment.
To be continued........................
No comments:
Post a Comment